Dienstag, 18. November 2008

Joy & Love

Herb from the brandnew Whiff of Joy Winter and Christmas Collection designed by the fabulous Elisabeth Bell is the star of today's card....haha
I got inspired by the heavenly shabby chic creations of
Anna Wight. Her colourations are so stunning and her illustrations so much fun :)
So I thought by myself: "Can you also do it?" - Create a less is more card with this elegant, distressed touch??. Well, judge for yourself...lol
Herb aus der brandneuen Whiff of Joy Winter und Weihnachtskollektion designed von Elisabeth Bell ist der Star meiner heutigen Karte. Ich wurde dazu von den wundervollen Werken von Anna Wight inspiriert. Ihre Colorationen sind ein Traum und ihre Illustrationen einfach nur zum Totlachen. Also habe ich bei mir gedacht:"Kannst du das auch?" - Eine "weniger ist mehr" Karte zu kreieren, die so elegant aber auch distressed ist?...Naja, beurteilt das für euch selbst...lol

I created my cardbase (13,5 x 13,5 cm) out of kraft cardstock from Stampin' Up. I created the embossed frame with my square Nestabilities and stamped Herb with black StazOn ink and the help of my stamp positioner directly on the cardstock. I coloured his body with my white water soluble pen and the rest with my Spica glitter pens. He stands on "stickles-snow" and the background is coloured with Twinkling H2O "cinnamon brown". There are icecrystals on the snowflake, I did some faux stitching around the borders and distressed them with my brown ink pad.
The sentiment is from the "Winter Wishes Set" from Whiff of Joy Stamps.

Ich habe meine Kartenbasis (13,5x13,5 cm) aus Kraft cardstock von Stampin' Up hergestellt. Den geprägten Rahmen habe ich mit meinen rechteckigen Nestabilities gemacht und Herb mit schwarzer StazOn Tinte und der Hilfe meines Stempelpositionieres direkt auf den Cardstock gestempelt. Seinen Körper habe ich mit meinem weissen Aquarellstift coloriert, den Rest von ihm mit Spica Glitzer Stiften. Er steht auf einem Berg von "Stickles-Schnee" und der Hintergrund ist mit Twinkling H2O (cinnamon brown) gemalt. Eiskristalle von Crea Direkt sind auf der Schneeflocke, ich habe "falsches Nähen" am Rand angewandt und zum Schluss alle Ecken mit meinem braunen Stempelkissen gewischt.
Der text ist von dem "Winter Wishes Set" von Whiff of Joy Stamps.

My card qualifies for Papertake's Weekly challenge with the theme "snow".
Wishing you a lovely day and if you have the time come on over to
Papercraft Planet to join the Whiff of Joy group for chit chat, tutorials, news and fun.
Hugs
Meine Karte paßt perfekt zur Papertake Weekly challenge mit dem Thema "Schnee" :)
Ich wünsche euch einen traumhaften Tag und wenn ihr Zeit habt kommt doch rüber zu Papercraft Planet um der Whiff of Joy group beizutreten. Dort erwarten euch entspannendes Stempelgeplauder, tutorials, News und Spaß:)
Liebe Grüße
  • Stamps: Whiff of Joy Stamps
  • Paper: Kraft cardstock from Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: large paperflower (underneath the snowflake) from DCWV, felt snowflake from stash, ribbon May Arts, button Autumn leaves, stickles, ice crystals from Crea Direct
  • body coloured with white Caran D'ache Supracolor pen (water soluble), the rest is coloured with Spica Glitter pens, background with Twinkling H2O cinnamon brown

Kommentare:

  1. Wow Katharina, You certainly created a most stunning card. Dear Herb is show-cased most beautifully. Using just the kraft cardstock is so dramatic. I have to try this out as well. I love the look! Hugs Jeanette

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow Katharina! Die ist absolut klasse Deine Karte! Und bestätigt - mal wieder- weniger ist wirklich mehr!
    LG Anke

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. wow Katharina, I would say that you certainly did achieve the look you were after, herb certainly takes centre stage. a beautiful card. glad that you found the time to get some stamping in...
    Hugs Rachxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow, Dein Kärtchen ist wirklich klasse, sehr elegant und edel! Gefällt mir!

    LG Zimtschnecke

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Stunning card - love how Herb is coloured in and the simpliscity of the background.
    Cathy xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Definetely less is more! stunning! It has such a wondeful effect when you stamp directly onto Kraft cardstock. i did this the other day with Charlie and I loved the way it turned out!

    Fabulous card!
    Judy x

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. This is just stunning! I so love the white on the kraft paper. Really gorgeous!
    HUGS
    MichelleO

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Stunning card so beautifully coloured ,Dawnxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. I just love the no layer cards! Yours is beautiful with Herb in the center of the frame.The coloring is FANTASTIC! THANKS FOR SHARING

    Have a great and safe day,
    Connie (aka stampinfrog on scs)

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Wow!
    Stunning card!
    I really love this beautifully distressed card. Great embossed frame.
    Love your added sparkle.
    Just fabulous.
    hugs
    kim x

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Katharina this is a GORGEOUS card! Wow you sure Rocked it with this one! I love the simpleness...but it is so very elegant!!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. I love this card Katharina, Herb stands out so well from the really classy background, all very beautiful. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Awesome card!! You did a fantastic job!!! Thanks for sharing.
    ~lacey

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Fantastic card and beautifully coloured!
    Clairexx

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Fantastic card. Herb looks wonderful & I love the snowflake embellishment. Kirsten.

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Aww, how cute is this card..
    Sam x

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Wow girl this is just beautiful!!!! I just love how you added the red beside him beautiful dear. I can't wait to get my new stamps and have some fun!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Well I think you have achieved the look you were looking for!! This card is awesome and if I made it I would for the first time mass-produce!! It is so pretty!! Lovely job :)kathy

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. Gorgeous card it reminds me of a Victorian Christmas card, fabulous Herb.

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. just fabulous Katharina, I love it
    x

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Dear Katharina,

    It's such a joy to visit your blog. You always provide us with so much inspiration and I am sure we all admire your enormous talent.

    I love the way you manages -despite being a busy mum - leave us all in awe over your creations but at the same time inspire us. And least - thank you for setting up Whiff of Joy.

    Hugs, Mette

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. You have achieved a very elegant and classy card here Katharina - and that embellishment is just WOW! Lol Lynn x

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. Love the shabby chic look of this. Once again the stamp is gorgeous. The sparkly bits just brings it to life. Hugs from Desire

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. Love this Katharina!! He looks so cute on that kraft paper!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  25. oh, this card is just darling. I love the way you embossed the frame around him, but you coloring is what really sets this card apart! Love all the details you put into this creation!

    AntwortenLöschen
  26. Katharina this is amazing! Herb really pops off the card - the perfect backdrop for the little sweetie! Love it

    hugs Bev x

    AntwortenLöschen
  27. Hi Katharina, you really do create fab stunning cards. I love the simplicity of this card and Herb looks like he is leaping out of the cardstock.
    Lyndsey xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  28. Hi Katharina, this is a beautiful card, I love the little snowman and the clean colours you have used.x

    AntwortenLöschen
  29. Really cute! I must say I simply Love these last stamps you have released... well, all of the WoJ's are supercute, but the last ones were irresistable! My first WoJ card is made! :D
    Have a great day, and thanks for your inspiration!

    AntwortenLöschen
  30. Brilliant creation. Love the happy snowman!

    AntwortenLöschen
  31. eine superschöne Karte, ganz große Klasse.

    AntwortenLöschen
  32. I love this Katharina...i am definitely a less is more kinda gal! bx

    AntwortenLöschen
  33. Another gorgeous card Katharina and herb looks fab! Thnaks for joining us for the challenge! x

    AntwortenLöschen
  34. This card is perfect in it's simplicity. Fabulous!
    Viv xx

    AntwortenLöschen

Lieben Dank, dass ihr auf meinem Blog vorbei geschaut habt und euch die Zeit nehmt mir einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen. Ich weiss wie kostbar "Zeit" ist, deswegen weiss ich jede einzelne Nachricht sehr zu schätzen.

Ich bemühe mich sehr, euch einen Gegenbesuch abzustatten, auf eure Fragen (direkt hier in den Kommentaren) zu antworten und bin auch via Email gerne für euch da. Wie ihr ja alle wisst, spielt es im Leben nicht immer so wie man es plant. Und mit 2 Kindern, Haushalt und Beruf kommt schon manchmal etwas dazwischen.
Bitte habt Nachsicht mit mir :)
Liebe Grüsse
Katharina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I know best how valuable "time" is, therefore I appreciate your comments immensely.

I try my best to visit your blogs, to answer your questions right here in the comment section or via email. But you all know how stressful life can be, with two children, household and work. Sometimes, life doesn't go as planned.
Please bear with me!
Hugs
Katharina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...