Samstag, 10. Januar 2009

Together forever - Bagtopper challenge

Didn't I tell you that the weekend passes way too fast?? LOL
Today I want to show you this bagtopper I did for a bag of delicious amarettinis (those small cookies you eat with your coffee in italy).


Habe ich euch nicht gesagt, dass das Wochenende viel zu schnell vergeht?? haha
Heute will ich euch einen bagtopper zeigen, den ich für ein Säckchen Amarettinis gemacht habe. I used black cardstock from Stampin' up to cut the base of the bagtopper. I did the wavy border with the Spellbinders Label 1 Nestabilities. The heart shape is done with a Fiskars cutting template. I embossed the black one with the Cuttlebug "script" embossing folder.


Ich habe schwarzen Cardstock von Stampin' Up für die Basis meines Bagtopper verwenedt und den geschwungenen Rand mit den Spellbinders Label 1 Nestabilities ausgestanzt. Die Herzen sind mit einem Template von Fiskars geschnitten. Das schwarze habe ich mit dem Cuttlebug embossing folder "script" geprägt.

I used Willow with hot chocolate, because she is the perfect stamp for such a small give away of "coffee cookies" ;)
Do you want to win her? Show me your bagtopper until Jan 17th and you'' get the chance to win Willow with hot chocolate plus a bag of the heart and key charms, I used on my bagtopper.

Ich habe Willow mit heißer Schokolade verwendet, weil sie für so ein kleines Mitbringsel zum Kaffee das ideale Motiv ist :)
Habt ihr Lust sie zu gewinnen? Zeigt mir bis zum 17. Jänner eure Bagtopper und ihr habt die Chance Willow mit heißer Schokolade und ein Säckchen mit Charms zu gewinnen.

This is the back of the bagtopper. The sentiment is printed on the computer (this little bag was an addition to the present for the wedding of my brother in law whom we gave a set of latte macchiato glasses, that's the explanation for the text :). I used the hardware of the Stampin' Up hodgepodge styled silver set.
Thanks for stopping by today and I am looking forward to seeing your bagtopper ideas :)


Hier seht ihr die Rückseite des Bagtoppers. Der text ist am Computer generiert (das Säckchen war ein kleines zusätzliches geschenk zur Hochzeit meines Schwagers, dem wir ein Set Latte Macchiato Gläser geschenkt haben. Soviel zur Erklärung des Textes :). Ich habe die hardware des Stampin' Up hodgepodge styled silver sets verwendet.
Danke euch fürs Reinschaun und ich bin schon auf euere bagtopper Ideen gespannt :)



  • Stamps: Whiff of Joy Stamps
  • Paper: Stampin' Up black cardstock, SU dp riding hood red
  • Accessories: eyelet and brads Making Memories, ribbon Raspberry ribbon, charms from stash, SU hodgepodge styled silver hardware, sewing machine, fiskars heart cutting template, Cuttelbug embossing folder "script"
  • coloured with Caran D'Ache Supracolor water soluble pens, Twinkling H2Os, white gel pen

Here is the recipe for the
Amaretti Cookies

2 1/2 cups of almond flour -or- 3 cups of blanched slivered almonds, finely ground up
1 1/4 cup of baker's sugar (superfine sugar)
3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of almond extract
Extra sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 150 degrees (300 F) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a food processor mill together the almond flour and sugar. Add the vanilla and almond extract and pulse for a few seconds. Add the eggs, one at a time, and continue to process until the dough is smooth.
Place teaspoons of the dough on the parchment paper and dust with sugar. Bake for 24-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before serving. They will be slightly chewy at first, but they will be nicely crispy as a day or two goes by. Store in a cool, dry place. (Note: I usually underbake mine since I like them chewy. If that's your preference, bake them for about 20-24 minutes.) Makes about 30 cookies.

Kommentare:

  1. Very sweet! Would love some of those yummy cookies as well:-) Kram - Anki

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I so love these yummy little biscuits with my cappucino when Im in italy they are so good...I have never made one of the bag toppers but will definatly have a go xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. ein sehr süßes Geschenk. Wunderschön geworden.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Looks so delicious! Great give away. That metal frame looks so nice.
    Hugs,
    Aija

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Total süß.

    Liebe Grüße, Katja

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wunderschön!!! Ein sehr süsses Geschenk.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. So gorgeous! This makes a fabulous gift, so personal!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Hi Katharina!

    einfach spitze wieder dein Werk!!!
    danke für die Inspiration, mir hat noch ein teil zu meinem "Set" gefehlt, und so hab ich das erste Mal nen Bagtopper gemacht ;-)
    ist nix besonders geworden, aber
    Hier kannst du gucken

    schönen sonntag noch!!!
    Jessi

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Such a lovely idea!
    We give heart shaped cookies out for Valentine's Day. A bagtopper would make a fabby presentation of our goodies! Thanks for the inspiration, Katharina!!
    Blessings, Maria

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Very nice! "Together forever" is the phrase I have on my wedding ring. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. I love it ..But where is the recipe for those wonderful looking cookies ..
    Please please ...
    Huggs Diana

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. This is gorgeous, and it looks delicious. I have never been to Italy, so I've never tasted them. I Would love the recipe too! :o)

    And I love the challenge hope I can find the time to join in!

    xx Naoual

    Ps. I've got something for you on my blog ;o)

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. beautiful, this is one of my favourite stamps
    x

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Hi Katharina, dein Bagtopper ist toll geworden.

    Schau mal bei mir vorbei, ich hab was schönes für dich.

    LG Andrea

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Katharina this is just so gorgeous, i love the way you used the nesties to create the actual bag topper.... and the image is just scrummy Crafty Hugs Tina xx

    P.S thank you so much for the receipe..

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. fabulous gift hun, looks fabulous, bet it tates just as good...though i personally wouldn't be able to open it...looks so nice. hugs rachxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. I managed to make one and I used my fab mouse and party hat prize stamp...I so love it thank you so much again Katharina xxx

    Here is my entry.

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Wow Katharina,Dein Bag Topper ist wunderschön!
    Die Gestalltung und die Farben gefällt mir alles sehr,sehr gut!
    Ein sehr schönes Geschenk!

    LG Manu!

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. Wow, what a great idea for a bag topper, makes those cookies look extra yummylicious. And we are really spoilt now, getting the recipe as well. Thanks for being so sharing. Hugs from Desire

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. I received my order from the new release yesterday! I am so surprised at how fast I got it in Florida (USA)!! Here is my bagtopper for the challenge using one of my new stamps!...
    http://handstampedbylacey.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/01/oh-joy-2-challenges-and-new-rubbah.html

    This was a fun challenge, thanks.
    ~Lacey

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Your cookies look yummy! I've had a go at making a bag topper here. Thanks for setting this fun challenge.

    Liza x

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. Here is my bag topper, I had a lot of fun making it. Thanks for the challenge!

    xx Naoual

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. I would love to win her! Your bag topper is great. Mine is here and I'm off to make those biscuits now! Thanks for the recipe.

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. I hope that I'm not to late, I'm down with a flu. But your challenge intrigued me - never made a bag topper before. Anyways, here it is.
    Bye, Kitty

    AntwortenLöschen

Lieben Dank, dass ihr auf meinem Blog vorbei geschaut habt und euch die Zeit nehmt mir einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen. Ich weiss wie kostbar "Zeit" ist, deswegen weiss ich jede einzelne Nachricht sehr zu schätzen.

Ich bemühe mich sehr, euch einen Gegenbesuch abzustatten, auf eure Fragen (direkt hier in den Kommentaren) zu antworten und bin auch via Email gerne für euch da. Wie ihr ja alle wisst, spielt es im Leben nicht immer so wie man es plant. Und mit 2 Kindern, Haushalt und Beruf kommt schon manchmal etwas dazwischen.
Bitte habt Nachsicht mit mir :)
Liebe Grüsse
Katharina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I know best how valuable "time" is, therefore I appreciate your comments immensely.

I try my best to visit your blogs, to answer your questions right here in the comment section or via email. But you all know how stressful life can be, with two children, household and work. Sometimes, life doesn't go as planned.
Please bear with me!
Hugs
Katharina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...