Sonntag, 8. August 2010

Whiff of Joy Design Team news

Nichol

I am very happy to present you two super talented new members of the Whiff of Joy Design Team.
Nichol Magouirk from the USA is an extraordinary papercrafter, whose passion not only shows in her wonderful cards, but also in her inspirational scrapbooking layouts. I am very excited to have her on the team.

"I am Nichol Magouirk and reside in Dodge City, Kansas with my husband of 14 years, Chad, and our three children. I have been scrapbooking for about thirteen years and stamping for twelve. I enjoy it just as much now, if not more than when I started. My kids, family and our travels are the focus of many of my scrapbook layouts.

Besides scrapbooking I am an avid card maker and stamper. There is something so special about sending someone a homemade greeting card plus I love the smaller format for testing and stretching my creativity.

I am a 2004 Creating Keepsakes Hall of Famer, 2005 BHG Scrapbooks Etc.
Creative Team Member and have been a part of several design teams over the years and have been published in many scrapbooking and card magazines and idea books. Currently I am a Garden Girl at Two Peas in a Bucket where I teach a year long class on Die Cutting Machines as well as contribute layouts and stamped projects to the gallery monthly. I also regularly update my personal blog with new projects and video tutorials and have a weekly feature where I showcase stamping ideas and techniques with how-to videos."

Nichol1 tanja

It is also a great joy for me to welcome Tanja Jokela from Finland back to the Whiff of Joy Design Team. After her guest designing for Whiff of Joy, she will now be creating her amazing cards as a permanent Whiff of Joy DT Lady :)

"My name is Tanja, but in the crafting scene I´m known as tanjaak. I am 27 years old and I live in central Finland with my husband and our sweet 1,5 year old daughter.

I guess I have been crafting since I knew how to draw (and I did draw some pretty beautiful princess images when I was 3-years old…where ever did that talent go I wonder), mostly I used to knit and sew, then later started making jewellery and now stamping and cardmaking is my newest passion. I actually have a degree in knitwear design but it came clear to me whilst my studies that that was just going to stay as a treasured hobby.

I´m most happy with my family and I hope I can soon share my passion for crafting with my daughter (I know she´s still a wee too small for much of anything but she does like a lot to make a mess of my crafting supplies LOL).

I started stamping and making cards last spring after I saw a card featuring a Whiff of Joy stamp in a finnish crafting magazine. That image in question was Willow with Umbrella and I was instantly hooked. Soon after that I created my own blog to share my creations with all that where interested. At first I used what little colouring supplies I had but soon fell into the world of Promarkers and have since collected a fare share of Promarker pens to colour my images. From time to time I do go back to my beloved watercolours and aquarell pens and even experiment with using PM´s, inks and watercolours all in the same image. I tend not to be too picky when I´m in the colouring mood."

tanja

On a very sad sidenote I have to announce the retirement of 3 Whiff of Joy DT Ladies.
Aija, Bev and Rach, you will be dearly missend! Thank you for 2 wonderful years!

Als eine sehr traurige Neuigkeit, muss ich leider das Ausscheiden von 3 Whiff of Joy DT Ladies bekannt geben. Aija, Bev und Rach, ihr werdet sehr vermisst werden. Danke für 2 wundervolle Jahre!

aijabev

1 Kommentar:

Lieben Dank, dass ihr auf meinem Blog vorbei geschaut habt und euch die Zeit nehmt mir einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen. Ich weiss wie kostbar "Zeit" ist, deswegen weiss ich jede einzelne Nachricht sehr zu schätzen.

Ich bemühe mich sehr, euch einen Gegenbesuch abzustatten, auf eure Fragen (direkt hier in den Kommentaren) zu antworten und bin auch via Email gerne für euch da. Wie ihr ja alle wisst, spielt es im Leben nicht immer so wie man es plant. Und mit 2 Kindern, Haushalt und Beruf kommt schon manchmal etwas dazwischen.
Bitte habt Nachsicht mit mir :)
Liebe Grüsse
Katharina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I know best how valuable "time" is, therefore I appreciate your comments immensely.

I try my best to visit your blogs, to answer your questions right here in the comment section or via email. But you all know how stressful life can be, with two children, household and work. Sometimes, life doesn't go as planned.
Please bear with me!
Hugs
Katharina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...